Sunday 5 April 2015

Day Thirteen – Milford Sound

Up and ready by 6am for a 2 hr drive to Milford Sound for the early morning breakfast cruise. Unfortunately we didn’t realise that the sun wouldn’t be up over the mountains until we were on our way back so most of the photos I took were far too dark. I did manage to fix up a few in PhotoShop, while I was at it I removed all my wrinkles but left Louise’s there!!!

Milford-Sound1 Milford-Sound2 Milford-Sound3 Milford-Sound14

Milford-Sound4  Milford-Sound5 Milford-Sound6  Milford-Sound8 Milford-Sound9 Milford-Sound10 Milford-Sound11 Milford-Sound12 Milford-Sound13 Milford-Sound15 Milford-Sound16

On the way home we called into the Mirror Lakes in the Eglinton Valley with the backdrop of the Earl Mountains.

DSC04697 Milford-Sound20 Milford-Sound23 Milford-Sound26

Reflections of the flax bushes in the rippling water.

Milford-Sound24

Not sure but I think this might be our native South Island Bush Robin, who flew up and sat on the branch right next to me as friendly as you like.

We also went for a short walk in the bush to view The Chasm, where two foot bridges over the Cleddau River offer dramatic views of a series of powerful waterfalls. My photos aren’t that dramatic though!

Milford-Sound17 

Getting close the Lord of the Rings Country!

Milford-Sound18 Milford-Sound19 Milford-Sound27 Milford-Sound25

Somewhere in the Fiordland National Park between Milford Sound and Manapouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment